Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a weekend

WOW we were running around like nuts this weekend. Friday night was crazy because James did not get home from Morgantown until almost 8:00 pm. He had to meet with his advisor for his research/Phd. Saturday we overcame our colds and went to Nic's birthday party which the kids totally enjoyed. James and I were exhausted when we got home. I did manage to muster up the strength to walk Birdie (our golden retriever) We walked 1.25 miles and I was frozen when we got home.
I have to explain the walking that I have just started. I have a class for school, it is a gym class. I had to take it to be full time and to get enough financial aid to cover all of my nursing classes. It is called the power of walking. RIDICULOUS HUH? So it is a class that you basically do on your own. You have a chart and you have to log all of your walking and report back to the teacher 4 times during the semester. I know people cheat in this class, I just cannot do it. I am going to walk the required 15 hours throughout the semester and maybe I will lose a few pounds too.
So today, Fletcher refused to nap again and my cold is getting worse. James and Sophia went to visit James's parents and were gone most of the afternoon. I managed to do all of the laundry, walk the dog (before James left, I did not leave Fletcher home alone), organize all of my school work, finish my work for tomorrows class, pack Sophia's lunch, clean the house, and entertain Fletcher. I am patting myself on the back for all of this. I just got back from the grocery store and now I am planning to watch the Heath Ledger Batman movie. I am kinda excited by kinda scared. Heath Ledger looks a little spooky. Hopefully I won't have nightmares!

1 comment:

Dijea said...

Isn't life fun? I really enjoyed that Batman movie. Heath Ledger did an excellent job.