Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What a long day

Aside from the blizzard we had last night, I still had to go to my clinical day at the hospital today. It took me 20 minutes to get to a hospital that is literally 1/2 a mile from my house. The day started out ok, we had a tour of the hospital and learned where everything we would be using in the future was. Then the fun began, I like to call it being thrown to the wolves. You get your patient and then it is on. The teacher starts asking questions and the assessment of your patient begins. Just so happened that my day was cut short since my patient was gone (moved somewhere else) NOT DEAD! So I was allowed to remove staples from someones head! It was so cool. It seriously was just like taking a staple out of a piece of paper, aside from some blood and the sterile gloves. I was so excited when I got home that I could not help myself but do a little dance around the living room. James thought I was a little crazy.

James had a great day, he had a snow day and got to stay home with the kids all day. Sophia actually went to preschool until 11:00 when they decided to cancel and send the kids home. James started a fire in the fireplace and let the kids roast some marshmallows. The kids must have been exhausted since they were in bed at 6pm.

I have been doing school work non stop since I came home and I still have 23 drug cards to do. I think I am going to call it a night and finish them in the morning. I cannot stand the burning of my eyeballs any longer.

I am hoping with everything that I have that WVNCC is cancelled tommorow so my school work will not be due until Thursday!!!!!!!!

No comments: