Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pumpkin Painting





So on Saturday James had to go to Pittsburg and the kids and I were left to fend for ourselves. We decided to go to Market Fest 2008, (it sucked). They were supposed to have pumpkin painting for the kids and vendors selling crafts. The small handful of vendors and the fact that the pumpkin painting did not start until 11:00 am, was a total turn off. My kids were cranky and Sophia was demanding pumpkin painting. So, Wondermom that I am, bought 10 small pumpkins, stoppped at home and got paint, and headed to my dads house. I figured why not let the kids spend some quality time with the grandparents and make a huge mess. The kids loved painting the pumpkins and Nana, Pap Mick, and Grandma Karen all got some nice decorations for their front porches. Fletcher was absolutlely covered in paint, and Grandma Karen told Sophia she should paint her legs, (thanks)....Fletcher ended up in Nana's utility sink and Sophia was cleaned up with some baby wipes. The kids also got to see Aunt Peg and Uncle Mike. Heck with Market Fest 2008 we had our own fun!!!!!

2 comments:

Mom2KCK said...

Looks like tons of messy fun. I may let the kids do that if we have a warm day next week.

Tiffany said...

Haha...looks like Fletcher painting to me :D. Looks like a blast