Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flooded

We experienced our first flood on Friday night. It rained so hard that the sewer could not hold the water and it started backing up into our basement. I was at Ashley's for girls night and James called to let me know that we had about 4 inches of water in our basement. The utility pole across the street had also been struck by lightning and sent huge pieces of wood shooting all over the neighborhood. So Saturday morning James and I swept, mopped, and sanitized the basement. I know it could have been much worse but it was still a huge pain and pretty stinky. I hope we don't have to deal with flooding again for a while.

1 comment:

Dijea said...

If you spray a little clorox on the part of the basement that got wet, you can stop any potential mold growth.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. I know several people that are flooded out, or can't drink the water or swimming down the street. I wish we could take a little of that off your hands, we are a little dry down here.